Young Professionals Virtual Conference 2020 - How to Series
Join YOUR Union County Chamber for a Series planned specifically for Young Professionals to help you gain critical skills you need for success.
The series includes three 1-hour virtual presentations on consecutive Thursdays on the following topics:
- Thursday, July 16, 2020 8:00 a.m. - How to Have Influence without Title
- Thursday, July 23, 2020 8:00 a.m. - How to Successfully Negotiate in a Variety of Situations
- Thursday, July 30, 2020 8:00 a.m. - How to Have Difficult Conversations
You can register for the entire series, or single sessions if that works better for your schedule. Registrants will also have access to the recording of the sessions they register for.
- If you plan to register for all 3 sessions, choose the "Full Series" option at checkout.
- To register for Session 1 - How to be Influential without a Title, choose the "Session 1" Option.
- To register for Session 2 - How to Negotiate in a Variety of Situations, choose the "Session 2" Option.
- To register for Session 3 - How to Have Difficult Conversations Successfully, choose the "Session 3" Option.
- To register for more than 1 individual session, choose your first session, and then you will have to click "Add Attendee" again to choose your next session.
Session 1: How to be Influential without a Title - Thursday, July 16, 2020 8:00 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.
At the conclusion of this session all attendees will walk away with new skills, perspective and techniques including how to:
- Accurately account for their audiences' perspectives, fears and motivations
- Encourage their audiences to protect their self-images
- Generate commitment over compliance
- Apply the favored persuasion techniques of Certified Forensic Interveiwers
Michael Reddington is a Certified Forensic Interviewer who achieved the highest professional designation available in the field of interview and interrogation and spent over a decade training investigators around the world on the successful application of non-confrontational interview and interrogation techniques. His experience led him to the realization that the very best leaders and the very best interrogators capitalize on the same two core skills - vision and influence. He founded InQuasive, Inc. to help teach executives how to reduce missed opportunities and increase commitments to action.
Session 2: How to Successfully Negotiate in a Variety of Situations - Thursday July 23, 2020 8:00 a.m - 9:00 a.m.
Mikail Clark, Attorney at Johnston Allison & Hord PA, will present on strategies to help you negotiate more successfully, including knowing when to keep pushing, and when to give in.
Mikail Clark's areas of practice include Taxation, Business Transactions, Nonprofit Entities, Professional Services, and Mergers and Acquisitions. He often assists clients in the contract negotiation, contract review, reorganization, restructuring, and corporate governance aspects of their business. With previous experience in securities law and tax law, Mikail often finds himself as a ?go-to? advisor for private placement and tax matters.
Session 3: How to Have Difficult Conversations Successfully - Thursday, July 30, 2020 8:00 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.
Marlin Smith is a dynamic HR professional with over 15 years in Human Resources leadership. He will share key concepts to help you face these conversations, and enable you to grow from them.
Marlin D. Smith is passionate about helping employees and companies find common ground for success. As founder of Mandrake HR Consulting, LLC, he has a solid background in leadership, safety, and employee culture from over 15 years in Human Resources leadership. He believes that the key to a successful employer/employee relationship is commitment: on the part of the employer to provide the best environment for employee to thrive, and on the part of the employee to bring the whole of their skills to the table to fulfill their given roles. When both parties bring their best, it?s amazing what can happen!