It’s a new year, and that means new tax considerations. Learn what the changes mean for your business and your return.
For the first Small Business Breakfast of 2022, we’ve invited Marie Starnes, Owner of Marie Starnes CPA to share vital tax information for your business.
Questions Marie will cover include:
- - How does the advanced child tax credit effect my tax return?
- - What happens if I did not get the third round of stimulus money?
- - How much did the standard deduction increase?
- - Can you really deduct charitable contributions for 2021 even if you do not itemize?
- - Are business mileage rates increasing?
- - Will the tax deadline get extended again this year?
- - What are the tax brackets for 2022 so that I can prepare for the new year?
She’ll also share some fun facts about the IRS and take your questions.
Marie Starnes is a local certified public accountant. After graduating from Gardner Webb University, majoring in accounting, Marie went to work at her first CPA firm, and has remained in the industry ever since.
She opened her own CPA firm in 2018, hence Marie Starnes CPA PC firm was formed. The firm specializes in small to medium sized companies, tax planning, accounting services, individual and business tax returns, new business startups as well as building relationships with fellow community members. The firm is located in the heart of downtown Monroe in the old Belk building. Marie always dreamed of opening her own firm and always imagined it to be in downtown Monroe. Marie says that “I would not have picked any other location to have my business”. When Marie is not practicing taxes she enjoys watching her two sons play baseball.