Environmental Health & Safety Breakfast - Stormwater Management
Have you ever seen a river catch fire or seen a fish kill? Did you know that according to the State of North Carolina and EPA the majority of streams in Union and Mecklenburg Counties are contaminated? Did you know that improper stormwater management can result in fines, increased operational expenses, increased health benefit costs, and a negative public image in addition to negative impacts to our environment and increased utility costs for the entire community?
Are you taking the proper actions to protect your business and our environment?
At the final Environmental Health & Safety Breakfast of the year, Jon Rosenau, Professional Civil Engineer and Managing Member of Rosenau Engineering, shares with the Chamber some of the things you may not know about stormwater and how it can affect your business and our environment. Jon will share answers to questions such as:
- Why stormwater management and compliance with current regulations is important?
- How stormwater regulations differ between land uses such as industrial, commercial and agricultural?
- How do you determine if your facility is covered by a stormwater permit?
- What is required to maintain compliance with your stormwater permit?
- Who should you contact with questions and when should you contact them?
Please join your Chamber for breakfast, make some connections, and learn about an environmental factor (rain) that affects us all!