Many studies show veterans are more productive and have higher retention rates than their civilian counterparts. Therefore, it would seem to make good business sense to hire veterans. However, many companies struggle to translate military skills into corporate assignments.
Commander Paul Bill, Veteran Employment Director of Veterans Bridge Home joins us for this Business Networking Luncheon to discuss the "Why" and "How" of hiring Veterans.
In his talk, he will help employers understand:
- The benefits of hiring Veterans
- Typical attributes of Veterans, including the hard and soft skills they possess that will be an asset to your organization
- Challenges in reading resumes of and interviewing Veterans
- An overview of on-boarding and retention challenges related to hiring Veterans and what you can do about them
Join the Chamber for lunch, networking and an informative discussion on how you can improve your organization by hiring local Veterans.
Registration for this event is a 2-step process:
- Once you complete your registration here, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to a form.
- Once you complete that form, you will receive a second email containing information about joining the meeting. You MUST complete this step to be admitted to the meeting. Once you have completed your registration, please do not share your meeting link with anyone
Commander Paul Bill is the Veteran Employment Director of Veterans Bridge Home in Charlotte. He enlisted in 1982 as a Seabee electrician; Commissioned in 1989 and finished out his 30 years as a Navy Surface Warfare Officer.
A true sailors, ‘sailor,' he spent more than 6 deployments in the Persian Gulf, Red Sea and conducting counter narcotic operations in the Caribbean. Military life has impacted his life in a transformational way. He has been married for 27 years and has married off 2 daughters to military brats and is a proud grand-pops!