Join a Dynamic Chamber Team Working Together to
Champion Business Growth and Prosperity!
The Union County Chamber is an independent nonprofit business association located in Monroe and serves all of Union County NC. Our mission is to champion business growth and business prosperity throughout Union County. The Chamber currently employs a five-member team of individuals who work together to build a thriving community.
Position: The Programs and Events Manager works closely with various committes, volunteers, and other team members to ensure our programs and events are successful, by performing these duties:
Summary: The Union County Chamber is looking for a new full-time team member to lead the development, planning, and logistics of our programs and events.
Education or Training Required:
- Responsible for creating and managing the Chamber's calendar, including scheduling all events, ribbon cuttings, meetings, and programs for the calendar year.
- Works with community partners, volunteers, and fellow team members to ensure there is no overlap with other key community and chamber events.
- Responsible for all aspects of development, planning,a nd logistics of events, including scheduling, reserving venues, booking speakers, securing catering, setting up and breaking down, creating agendas, creating slide decks to recognize sponsors, managing volunteers, and other necessary components of a successful event.
- Coordinates with sponsors to ensure deliverables are met.
- Ensures all events are consistent with the Chamber's stated goals and objectives.
- Responsible for managing expenses and revenue to ensure financial success.
- Responsible for the development, planning, and logistics for Chamber programs including Leadership Union, Emerging Leaders, Women in Business and others
The Chamber offers:
- Associate's degree or higher; one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Competitive pay
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Medical coverage
- ...and more!
Our office is open 8:30am - 5:00pm Monday - Friday; sometimes events start before office hours and end after office hours. Chamber team members work in our office located in Monroe.
We are an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace.