To monitor the machine operation processes while producing a variety of plastic materials used in the manufacturing of plastic food packaging.
- Set up and operate High Tech Extruder or Thermoforming Machinery
- Maintain machine operations to set standard
- Doff Rolls and grind scrap
- Ensure a high quality finished product by measuring and monitoring machinery and make adjustments as needed.
- Makes minor adjustments/repairs to machine and reports to supervisor any major machine issues for escalation.
- Maintain log book of machine activities
- Update downtime reasons in computer system
- Maintains good housekeeping according the SQF requirements
- Ensures any custom labeling is carried out as required by customer.
- May operate forklift as needed to transport packing supplies to and from area.
- Performs other duties as required
Physical demands and working conditions
- Vision correctable to 20/20
- Lifting up to 50 lb. from floor to waist
- Frequent bending and stooping
- Frequent standing for 12-hour shift
- Lighting is good and temperatures may vary depending upon external weather conditions.
- Wears ear plus, safety glasses, hair and beard nets, and other safety PPE that is required per department