Firefighters for the Cure
We are sons, daughters, mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, spouses, colleagues, and friends who have watched our loved ones battle cancer.
We are a community that realized from sharing our stories that while the type and course of cancer varied, there was always a common goal – to offer support however possible.
We are Firefighters for the Cure (FFTC) – nonprofit, advocates, honoring our loved ones by helping others in the fight against cancer. We were founded by men and women who dedicate their lives to serving local communities. Public service is what continues to drive our organization to raise awareness and give back to our communities.
Throughout the year FFTC have feature events to raise money for our cause. These events consist of the Doc Ward Memorial Softball Tournament, the Mike Watts Memorial Golf Tournament and a 5K race. Historically we have enabled underinsured women to receive annual mammograms and donated to the Edwards Cancer Center.
- 2014 donated $6100.00 for mammograms
- 2014 $5000.00 donation to Edwards Cancer Center
- Events that raised the funds for donations Doc Ward Memorial Softball, Mke Watts Memorial Golf tournament and 5k race
Whom to Contact
- Ms. Melinda WattsChairman of the Board
- Jon WilliamsPresidentPhone: (704) 320-3848